Butter? Did you say butter? No way would I feed my dog any butter.
Butter made from cow’s milk does not seem to be something my dog should have. Maybe there is a product that is like butter that would be good for dogs.
Let us find out what other dog owners think. We will also take a peek into the world of dog research.
This will prevent us from hurting our dogs with human food. Remember that many companies specialize in preparing food, especially for dogs.
Some companies prepare for just one breed of dog. Let’s go.
Popular Ask: What Are Human Foods Dogs Can And Can’t Eat?
No Dog Lover That I Know Would Recommend Butter For Dogs
Because most canines are lactose intolerant; it would not be wise to feed your dog butter.
Therefore, lactose intolerance and eating in butter do not go together.
In addition, butter contains a good deal of fat and too much fat can cause inflammation of the pancreas and lead to disease.
Dog lovers would not willfully expose their dogs to food that would create the disease of the pancreas.
I cannot think of the safe way to feed butter to dogs. There are a few dogs that can tolerate butter but it does not follow clear logic.
Reasons Why Butter Made From Cow’s Milk is Not Good For Dogs
- Butter made from cow’s milk can cause pancreatitis in dogs.
- Butter can cause complications in the health of dogs with cholesterol problems.
- Dairy butter can cause your dog a lot of pain.
- The fat in butter made from cow’s milk can cause obesity in your dog.
- Your dog can develop excessive gas in the stomach which is rather painful.
- Butter may cause your dog to develop very dangerous trans-fat.
- Butter contains saturated fat which is not good for dogs.
- Butter can cause hyperlipidemia in dogs which can, in turn, cause diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hyperadrenocorticism.
- Butter can cause great change in your dog’s behavior.
- You will spend lots of time with your dog at the vet seeking a cure for the effects of eating butter made from cow’s milk.
- You will spend money on veterinarian visits and buying cures for your dog’s ailments from eating butter.
Your Dog Ate Butter Made From Cow’s Milk In The Butter; Spring into Action
- Observe if your dog may show signs of pain after eating butter made from cow’s milk.
- Observe if your dog may have difficulty laying down on his side.
- Observe if your dog show signs of low energy like not wanting to play anymore.
- Observe if your dog may show signs of weakness and simply lays in one spot without moving during the day; take your dog to the vet.
- Observe if your dog may throw up more frequently than is usual; take your dog to the vet.
- Observe if your dog may loosely poop more than usual; take your dog to the vet.
- Observe if your dog may constantly be in a hunched back position; take your dog to the vet.
- Observe if your dog may lack appetite and leave his dish of food without eating; take your dog to the vet.
- Give your dog fresh, clean water and let him drink as much as possible after you have taken him to the vet.
- Do not force your dog to eat regular food after you have taken him to the vet.
- A period of fasting will help your dog to heal after you have taken him to the vet.
- Prepare something light for your dog such as oatmeal so his stomach can rest from all the upheaval to vomit.
Healthy Alternatives To Dairy Butter
- A slice of toast is quite healthy for a dog, and it is made with butter; the dog can eat toast bread with his owner as a treat.
- A child may share a slice of cake, which is made with butter, with his dog at the table without his parents noticing.
- A dog can share your peanut butter sandwich with you while watching television on the couch, and the healthy peanut butter will not hurt him.
- Cashew butter will not hurt your dog’s pancreas as it has Omega 6 which is good for your dog’s skin and fur.
- Almond butter is another plant butter that will not harm your dog, and it contains vitamins, minerals, and calcium
- The hazelnut butter is good for dogs but not the mixture with cocoa in Nutella.
- Sunflower butter is new to me but research shows that it can be tolerated by dogs, contains less fat, and is helpful to your dog’s skin.
- Chia seed butter is good for your dog as long as it is only for a treat.
- Pumpkin seeds butter is also another seed butter that you can feed your dog for a treat, and it is a natural remedy for dogs with worms.
- Your dog must be taken to the vet if none of your home treatments help in recovery.
You may learn: Which Dog Foods Best For Beagles?
Was This Topic Useful?
Do you think dogs should be fed butter after you have read the facts? Has any of this information been useful to you? Does your dog ever eat butter made from cow’s milk? What was his reaction?
Some foods that we feed our dogs are hurting them. As a dog lover, I do not believe that is our purpose.
Kindly share this information with other dog lovers, and those who may be thinking that human food for dogs saves money.
I would love to read your answers to my questions in the comments section of this article.
Is there any fact that you can share to help others who may have questions?