Despite being originally bred as fighting dogs, American Bully(s) are big old softies at heart, and their easy- going natures have made them much-loved family pets.
If you’ve recently bought home your first Bully, you’re probably feeling a little anxious about catering to your new friend’s dietary needs.
To help, take a look at my guide to the best dog food for American Bully breed dogs.
In this article, we’re going to review the following foods for american bully:
- Diamond Naturals Premium Dry Dog Food With Lamb Protein
- Taste of The Wild Grain Free Premium – Roasted Bison and Venison
- Eukanuba Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken
- NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Wet Dog Food
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Grain Free Dry Dog Food
- Solid Gold – Holistique Blendz – Oatmeal, Pearled Barley & Fish Meal
- Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet, Natural Dry Dog Food
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food
- Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Maxi Adult Dry Dog Food
- Wellness Simple Natural Wet Canned Limited Ingredient Dog Food
- Diamond Naturals Real Meat Dry Puppy Food
- Solid Gold – Love at First Bark – Natural Dog Puppy Food
- Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Maxi Puppy Dry Dog Food
- Nutro Ultra Dry Dog Food – Large Breed Puppy
Do American Bullies Need Special Diets?
In basic terms, all dogs require the same simple nutrients: proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins and minerals.
The American Bully is no different.
However, Bullies can be prone to certain conditions (such as obesity, allergies, dysplasia and bloat) that other breeds are not.
Fortunately, many commercial pet food manufacturers now make allergen- free, calorie-controlled foods that will make feeding your Bully a breeze.
Key Nutrients in an American Bully’s Diet
Choosing a good, nutritional diet will set your Bully up for a long and healthy life.
You may be slightly baffled by the range of food options available in pet stores, but with a little know-how, you’ll soon by gliding those aisles with confidence.
To get you started, let’s look at some of the key nutrients that go into making the perfect diet.
Dogs love meat,,, so much so, in fact, we’d be forgiven for thinking they were naturally carnivorous.
But dogs are not wolves, and carbs are not the enemy!
Carbs can provide a great source of energy, gut friendly fiber, and hefty doses of vitamins and minerals.
However, one word of caution… Bully dogs are notoriously allergen prone and can be particularly sensitive to grains.
To avoid a reaction, make sure you source your pet’s carbs from hypoallergenic starches like sweet potatoes and barley.
See Dogmal.com for further helpful guidance.
Fat is not necessarily something to fear, but it is something to be controlled.
American Bully breed dogs are prone to obesity, so pay careful attention to their weight- if they start to podge up, you may need to look at how much fat they’re getting.
As much as possible, try to stick to the AAFCO guideline of 8 percent fat for puppies, and 5 percent for adults.
Dogs, cats, hippos, and humans… the one thing we all have in common is our need for vitamins.
Vitamins play a vital role in keeping the immune system ticking over, and are key to the long term happiness and health of your Bully.
However, be warned – most commercial dog foods are nutritionally balanced with the precise quantities of vitamins needed to maintain optimal health.
If you start chucking extra vitamins into your pooch’s diet, you could throw this delicate balance off, and potentially damage the health of your pet.
To be on the safe side, speak to your vet before adding any vitamin supplements to your Bully’s diet.
Don’t overlook the importance of minerals in your pet’s diet.
Larger breeds like the Bully can be prone to hip and elbow dysplasia: help guard against trouble by looking for a pet food with added glucosamine and chondroitin.
Both of these minerals will do wonders for the long-term bone and joint health of your pooch.
For more information on the positive effect of minerals on mobility, take a look at AKC
With their muscular frames and high activity levels, it’s no surprise the Bully benefits from a high protein diet.
Protein provides the building blocks for healthy muscle mass and sustained energy, making it perfect for keeping your Bully healthy and energetic.
As a bare minimum, the AAFCO recommends 18 percent protein for adult dogs, and 22 percent protein for pups.
As your Bully can be allergy prone, try to stick to proteins from single sources of animal origin.
Larger breeds like the Bully need lower levels of certain nutrients than smaller breeds.
Calcium is a case in point – add too much to your dog’s diet, or fail to ensure a proper calcium: phosphorus ratio, and you risk your pet developing bone problems such as osteochondrosis dissecans (OCD) and other developmental diseases (for more info, take a look at vcahospitals.com.
Fortunately, most commercially available pet foods contain the exact ratios of nutrients needed to maintain good health.
To keep your American Bully in peak physical condition, make sure you bulk out their diet with plenty of fiber.
Soluble fiber (such as that found in beet pulp, chicory and inulin) will help slow down the digestive process.
Insoluble fiber, such as cellulose, will add bulk to your dog’s digestive matter and keep your Bully feeling full on fewer calories (making it great if they’ve been piling on the pounds).
Food Choice: Important Considerations
Regardless of whether your pet is a Poodle, a Pug or a Bully, there’s a few key considerations you need to bear in mind when it comes to choosing the right food for their needs.
Let’s take a look of some of the key takeaways.
If you want a happy dog and a clean bowl at the end of every meal, you need to choose a pet food that will tickle your pooch’s taste buds.
Look for foods packed with delicious, high quality meats and lip-smacking, nutrient- rich fruits and vegetables… your dog’s happy face will be all the thanks you need!
Before deciding on a particular pet food, research the brand thoroughly to check how it sources its ingredients.
These days, you’ll find many brands put the same effort into sourcing high quality ingredients for pets as they do for humans.
Avoid unidentifiable or unpronounceable ingredients of unknown origin… if you don’t understand what you’re putting in your dog’s mouth, there’s a good chance you shouldn’t be putting it there in the first place!
Check out petcoach for more advise on ingredients.
Your dog could care less what kind of packaging its food comes in, but it’s certainly a consideration for us owners.
Dried food tends to come in convenient, storage- friendly packaging as standard, but be on the look- out for packs with resealable openings.
This will help keep the kibble stay fresh and tasty for as long as possible.
When it comes to wet food, search out single serve trays that contain the exact amount of food needed per meal.
This will minimize mess, inconvenience, and make sure your fridge isn’t taken up with half empty cans!
Despite their tough exteriors, American Bullies can be surprisingly sensitive creatures, and are known for their allergies.
If you catch your dog compulsively licking their paws, or notice red or inflamed skin under their coat, they may well have a food allergy.
To minimize the risk of a reaction, be on your guard against fillers like corn, soy, wheat and bean hulls lurking in their food.
These ingredients have next to no nutritional value, and can cause your pet to develop bloat, as well as triggering allergies.
Top Dog Foods For American Bullies
If your Bully Is sensitive to corn, wheat or fillers, they couldn’t do much better than this formula from Diamond Naturals.
Diamond Naturals Adult Large Breed Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Dog Food is free from any of the known additives and fillers that may trigger allergies in susceptible pooches.
With its high protein content, it’ll provide everything your Bully needs for optimal health.
- Packed with healthy protein from lamb and lamb meal to maintain healthy muscle mass
- Tailored specifically to meet the needs of large breed dogs
- Guaranteed levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin to support cartilage and joint health
- Made in the USA to strict food safety protocols
- Free from artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Supplementary taurine to help maintain a healthy heart
- Contains proprietary probiotics to support a healthy gut and good digestion
- Provides a hefty dose of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to support a strong immune function, healthy digestion and overall well being
- Contains supplementary L-Carnitine to help convert protein and fat into energy
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty acids for a shiny coat and healthy skin
- Contains rice, cracked pearled barley and chicken fat. If your Bully struggles with digestive problems or allergies, they may prefer to avoid formulas containing either grain or poultry products
If your pet struggle with food allergies (you’ll know by their itchy skin, red rashes and constant licking), this formula from Taste of the Wild may be the ideal solution.
Jam packed with protein and boasting excellent levels of antioxidants, Taste of The Wild Grain Free Premium High Protein Dry Dog Food is 100% grain, corn, wheat and additive free.
- Contains proprietary K9 Strain probiotics to support healthy digestion. These are added after the kibble is cooked to ensure live, active cultures
- Packed with protein from easily digestible, premium meats to build healthy muscle mass and maintain an active lifestyle
- Delivers long lasting energy from complex carbs sources such as sweet potatoes and legumes
- Made with chelated minerals to help nutrient absorption
- Formulated with marine-sourced omega-3 for a healthy coat and skin
- Healthy source of antioxidants for improved immunity and general wellbeing
- Rich in taurine for a healthy heart
- Perfectly balanced, complete nutrition
- 100% grain free for dogs with gluten sensitives
- Free from corn, wheat, filler, colors and preservatives
- Made in the USA to AAFCO guidelines
- Produced in facilities that employ scientifically advanced food safety protocols
- Contains Chicken meal. Allergen-prone Bullies may do best on a poultry- free diet
Leading pet food manufacturer, Eukanuba, is known throughout the US for its widely popular, high-quality formulas.
Eukanuba Adult Dry Dog Food Chicken – Large Breed is expertly tailored to suit the needs of larger breeds like American Bully dogs.
- High in chicken, a great source of easily digestible animal protein
- Contains natural Beet pulp and Prebiotic FOS to help support nutrient absorption and aid digestion
- Rich in Glucosamine and Chondroitin for healthy joints and mobility
- Omega-6 and -3 Fatty acids to maintain a silky coat and healthy skin
- Free from artificial colors, preservatives, flavors or synthetics, making it a great choice for sensitive Bullies
- EUKANUBA 3D DENTADEFENSE System has been proven to reduce tartar build-up in 28 days, making it an ideal choice if your Bully struggles with poor oral health
- Offer a complete vitamin and mineral profile for a healthy immune system and overall well being
- Complete, balanced nutritional profile with healthy amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fats
- Eukanuba makes no effort to avoid gluten in any of its formulas. If your Bully has digestive problems, the prominence of grains in the ingredients list (including corn as the number 1 ingredient) may pose a challenge
- Some Bully breed dogs may experience difficulties with the formula’s high chicken count. If your pet is sensitive to poultry, you may want to switch to another recipe
Made from only the highest quality ingredients, Nutro’s formulas are specially crafted to provide everything your pet needs for a healthy, balanced diet.
If your Bully struggles with food allergies, you’ll be pleased to know NUTRO Limited Ingredient Diet Adult Wet Dog Food has been specially formulated with sensitive dogs in mind.
100% free from any hidden nasties, this is a great choice for anyone looking to minimize their pooch’s exposure to allergens.
- Specially designed for dogs with food sensitivities
- Reduces exposure to allergens by using only 5 key ingredients
- Packed with easily digestible lamb protein
- 100% grain free
- Contains no known allergens- no chicken, no dairy, no beef, no corn, no wheat, no soy and no artificial ingredients whatsoever
- Contains a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals for improved immunity
- Rich in sweet potatoes, an excellent source of easily digestible carbohydrate
- Contains Vitamin E, which can reduce inflammation and maintain a healthy coat and skin
- Made with Non- GMO ingredients
- Nutro carefully combines proteins, fats, carbs and vitamins and minerals to ensure the perfect balance of nutrients
- Includes prebiotic fiber from beet pulp for improved digestive health and regular bowel movements
- Although touted as allergen free, the recipe is high in potatoes, which carry a very small allergen risk to some dogs.
- Despite the risk being small, particularly sensitive breeds like the Bully may be more susceptible to reactions, so monitor yours carefully for any signs of digestive upset
If your Bully is sensitive to grains, they’re going to love Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe High Protein Grain Free, Natural Adult Dry Dog Food.
Its maker, Blue Buffalo, is famous for the quality of its impeccably sourced ingredients.
With a high percentage of quality real meat, Blue Buffalo’s products are designed to offer optimal nutrition at all stages of a dog’s life.
- High-quality protein from red meat to support lean muscle mass and provide a healthy dose of iron
- Contains wholesome veggies and fruit for a good dose of gut friendly fiber
- 100% grain free for dogs who struggle to digest gluten
- Crafted with an expert blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to support a strong immune system, healthy oxidative balance and a strong cardiovascular system
- Free from common allergens such as corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors and preservatives
- Formulated with naturally sourced glucosamine and chondroitin to help support joint health and mobility
- L-Carnitine to help develop and maintain healthy muscles
- Perfectly balanced Omega-3 & Omega-6 Fatty Acids for healthy skin, a silky coat and improved heart health
- Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
- Contains chicken meal and chicken fat; if your Bully is particularly sensitive to food allergens, you may prefer to avoid poultry of any kind
Solid Gold offer a holistic line of pet foods designed to provide everything your pet needs for optimal health.
The brand won the Whole Foods Magazine Natural Choice Award for dog food in 2014, and is becoming an increasingly popular choice thanks to its high quality, impeccably sourced ingredients.
If your Bully is getting on in years, this specially formulated senior recipe may be just the ticket to keeping them as fit and healthy as can be.
- Crafted with the specific health needs of senior dogs in mind
- Made with easily digestible, single source protein; great for troublesome digestions
- Great for health: the recipe includes a carefully balanced combination of 20 holistic superfoods like pumpkin, cranberries, blueberries and broccoli
- Contains taurine to support cardiovascular health and l-carnitine to help turn fat and protein into energy
- Free from potatoes (a potential allergen to some dogs)
- Comes with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Patented probiotics: all Solid Gold products include patented probiotics that offer great benefits for digestive and gut health
- Made only from whole, complete foods: no added meat by-product meal, corn, wheat, soy, sugar, artificial preservatives or flavors
- Protein is relatively low on the list of ingredients (the first three ingredients are oatmeal, pearled barley and peas). Although senior dogs require less protein than younger dogs, they still need enough for proper muscle maintenance
If your pooch’s digestion is as sensitive as a newborn’s, check out this specially crafted formula from Blue Buffalo.
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Diet, Natural Adult Dry Dog Food is free of most allergens, making it an ideal choice if your Bully struggles with food intolerance.
- Packed with protein in the form of omega-3 rich salmon, which will help protect skin and coat health while building strong, lean muscles
- Made with a limited range of ingredients to reduce allergen exposure in sensitive dogs
- Free from wheat, corn, soy and all artificial preservatives and flavorings
- Free from common allergens such as chicken, beef, dairy and eggs
- Packed with heart healthy vegetables and antioxidants to support a strong immune system and overall well being
- Contains super foods packed with essential vitamins and minerals
- Rich in easily digestible fiber (sources include peas, carrots and potatoes) to support good digestion and bowel health
- Free from poultry by-products
- Contains rice, oatmeal and potatoes; while most healthy Bullies will have no problem digesting these carbs sources, they can sometimes cause a reaction in particularly sensitive dogs
If your Bully is a sensitive wee beastie, you may want to give Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food a try.
Made with as few ingredients as possible to minimize your pooch’s exposure to allergens, this makes a great choice for sensitive tummies.
- Made with only the bare minimum of ingredients to reduce the number of potential allergens in your dogs’ diet
- Contains single source, easily digestible salmon protein for healthy muscle maintenance and development
- 100% grain free- perfect if your pooch struggles to digest gluten, or has a suspected intolerance
- Offers complete, balanced nutrition for all life stages, from puppy to senior
- Packed with sweet potatoes, an easily digestible source of energy dense carbohydrate and fiber
- Full of vitamins: the formula is fortified with essential nutrients like niacin, vitamin A, beta-carotene, and biotin to maintain optimal health
- Free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives
- Balanced Omega-3 & Omega-6 Fatty Acids for skin and coat health
- Quality controlled: Natural Balance products are thoroughly tested for contaminants through the company’s Buy With Confidence programs
- Contains dried potatoes: although a minor ingredient, the presence of potatoes in the recipe may trigger a reaction in particularly sensitive Bully dogs
Famed for its high-quality ingredients and breed specific formulas, Royal Canin is one of the most popular (and widely known) pet foods on the market.
Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Maxi Adult Dry Dog Food has been carefully formulated to offer precise nutrition for large breeds weighing 56–100 lbs.
If you’re looking to cater to the specific needs of your big old Bully, this carefully balanced recipe may be just what you need.
- Nourishes skin and coat with EPA And DHA Fatty Acids
- Specifically formulated to provide complete nutrition to large dogs from 15 to 5 years old, weighing 56-100lbs
- Supports healthy aging with an exclusive blend of immune supporting, heart protecting antioxidants
- Provides a specialized blend of minerals and vitamins to support bone and joint health
- Contains a highly digestible blend of fiber to support digestion and gut health
- Highly palatable kibble made in a larger size to prevent bloat (a common problem in Bully breeds) and make for easy chewing
- Contains the optimal amount of protein to maintain lean muscle mass while preventing weight gain
- Supports oral health and reduced tartar formation with Calcium chelators
- Expertly crafted to meet the calorie needs of large breeds
- Rich in gut friendly prebiotics to promote optimal digestive health
- Comes with Royal Canin’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
- The recipe’s high percentage of grain (wheat and rice) could be a problem for dogs with food allergies, or those who struggle to digest gluten
- Royal Canin is relatively expensive compared to other leading brands
Premium brand Wellness is renowned for its holistic attitude to canine nutrition.
All Wellness formulas are free from corn, wheat, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Wellness Simple Natural Wet Canned Limited Ingredient Dog Food is a great option for dog owners looking for a formula that will suit the sensitive digestion of their beloved Bully.
- Made exclusively from wholesome, natural Ingredients with no wheat, corn, soy or meat by-products
- Specifically formulated with limited ingredients to meets the need of dogs with food sensitivities, allergies and ingredient intolerances
- Made with single source protein for easy digestion
- Made in the USA and backed by The Wellness Guarantee
- Contains flaxseed to help nourish a healthy skin and coat
- Includes fibrous apples, sweet potatoes, carrots and spinach to support healthy bowel function
- Contains supplementary Glucosamine and Chondroitin for healthy hips and joints
- Contains no wheat, egg, dairy, corn, soy, gluten, artificial preservatives, colors or flavors
- The formula contains potatoes; a potential allergen risk to some American Bullies.
Best Food for American Bully Puppies
Manufactured in the US in state-of-the art facilities, Diamond Naturals products have enjoyed increasing popularity thanks to their impeccably sourced ingredients and range of specialized formulas for pets with unique nutritional needs.
Diamond Naturals Real Meat Recipe Premium Dry Dog Food Breed Size Specific provides everything your large breed pup needs for optimal health.
- Rich in healthy lamb protein to build healthy, lean muscle mass
- Guaranteed levels of Glucosamine and Chondroitin to support good cartilage and joint health
- Made in the USA to scientifically advanced food safety protocols
- Zero artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Contains proprietary probiotics at guaranteed levels to help support a healthy gut
- Small kibble to prevent a choking risk in puppies
- Formulated with DHA to support cognitive and retinal health
- Contains a careful blend of superfoods to provide optimal levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber to support immune function, digestion and overall health
- Includes supplementary L-Carnitine to help convert protein and fat into energy
- Rich in Omega-6 and -3 Fatty acids to support a healthy skin and coat
- Contains grains, which may pose an allergen risk to some Bully puppies
Winners of the Whole Foods Magazine Natural Choice Award for dog food in 2014, Solid Gold is celebrated for its holistic line of high-quality formulas.
If you’re looking for an easy way to cater to the sensitive digestion of your growing Bully, you might want to give this protein packed recipe a try.
- Specially formulated to provide growing pups with all the nutritional support they need for healthy development
- Includes zero fillers, corn, wheat, or gluten
- Promotes healthy cognitive development with an expert blend of DHA and Omega 3 Fatty acids
- Packed with highly digestible ingredients
- Formulated with patented probiotics to support digestive and gut health
- Features balanced levels of protein, fat and fiber that are specifically tailored to the needs of growing pups
- Carries a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Provides the optimal blend of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids to encourage a healthy coat, improve immune and cardiovascular health, and support overall well being
- The formula contains both chicken and potatoes, both of which may aggravate some pups with particularly sensitive digestions. The typical symptoms of allergies include itchy, inflamed skin, stomach upsets, bloating, constipation or diarrhea, and obsessive licking.
If you want a puppy food to suit the specific needs of large breeds like the Bully, look no further than Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Maxi Puppy Dry Dog Food.
Specifically tailored for large breed pups with an expected adult weight of 56-100lbs, this makes a great option for anyone looking to take the guess work out of feeding their growing Bully.
- Support good skin condition and a healthy coat with EPA And DHA Fatty Acids
- Contains a specialized blend of minerals to support bone and joint health
- Contains highly digestible proteins and a blend of fibers to maximize nutrition absorption and maintain healthy digestion
- Specially designed kibble to encourage proper chewing habits in pups
- Contains the proper amount of protein for building lean muscle mass
- Reduces tartar formation and improves oral health with calcium chelators
- Specially formulated to meet the calories needs of large breed puppies that are expected to achieve an adult weight of 56-100lbs
- Improves digestion and support gut health with patented prebiotics
- The recipe’s high grain percentage (rice and wheat are listed in the top 3 ingredients) could cause a problem for dogs who struggle to digest grains, or who suffer food allergies
- Royal Canin is a one of the more expensive brands on the market
Nutro are the experts when it comes to delivering high quality nutrition with only the finest ingredients.
The brand’s recipes are jam- packed with natural antioxidants, lean proteins and heathy fats to provide a complete, balanced diet for pooches of all life stages.
Ultra Dry Dog Food – Large Breed Puppy will provide all your growing Bully needs to keep them in the very best of health.
- Packed with high protein chicken, lamb and salmon to support your pup’s growing needs
- Specially designed to meet the exact nutritional needs of large breed pups
- Provides a healthy amount of fiber- rich carbohydrate from sweet potatoes and brown rice
- Backed by Nutro’s money- back guarantee
- No chicken by-product meal, corn, soy, or wheat
- No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives
- Made with Non- GMO ingredients
- Aids cognitive development with supplementary DHA
- Complete, balanced diet: Nutro carefully combines proteins, fats, carbs and vitamins and minerals to ensure the perfect balance of nutrients
- Made with a blend of 15 super foods like coconut, chia, kale, and blueberries
- Contains Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids to maintain healthy skin and a lustrous coat
- Contains grains. American Bullies with existing digestive issues (IBS, leaky gut and bowel problems) may benefit from a grain-free diet
- Some dogs are sensitive to poultry (the number 1 protein source in this recipe) – monitor yours carefully to check for any adverse reaction
American Bully Nutrition Related FAQs:
# Which Foods are Best for My American Bully, and Which Should be Avoided?
Look for healthy sources of lean animal protein, and plenty of fiber from fruit and vegetables.
As American Bullies can be prone to allergies, try to avoid foods that contain unnecessary additives or fillers.
Some American Bully dogs may benefit from a grain- free diet to reduce the allergen risk even further.
# Should I Feed My Bully a Raw Food Diet?
Raw food advocates claim multiple health benefits from feeding their dogs an uncooked diet.
However, as raw meat contains higher levels of dangerous bacteria than heated meat, proceed with caution and speak to your vet in the first hand.
# Are Homemade Diets a Good Idea?
Homemade dog food seems an excellent idea in principle… after all, what could be better than good, old fashioned home cooking?
However, don’t go down this route without proper research first.
Commercial dog food manufacturers put a lot of time and effort into ensuring their formulas contain all the vital nutrients, minerals and vitamins your dog needs to stay in optimal health.
Unless you want your dog’s health to suffer, make sure you do the same. Check out the below YouTube clip for some helpful tips
# Should I Choose a Premium Dog Food Brand?
Choosing a formula from a branded name isn’t a guarantee of quality, but its does make it that much more likely.
Dogfoodadvisor is a great place to start for information on brand reputation and quality.
# Is An American Bully the Same Breed as a Pitbull?
In short, no.
Despite sharing some similar physical features, American Bully and Pitbull’s have very different heritages.
The Pitbull is an offshoot of the Terrier family, while the Bully is a descendant of the mastiff.
They and are entirely different breeds with very different temperaments and characteristics.
# How Will My Bully Benefit from a Healthy Diet?
A healthy diet will set your Bully on the path to a long and healthy life.
An optimal diet full of nutritious, healthy food will ensure a strong immune system, good cardiovascular health, a shiny coat, healthy skin and tip-top mobility.
# What are the Consequences of a Poor Diet for My Bully?
Improper nutrition can result in a whole heap of unwanted health conditions.
American Bullies are prone to a sensitive stomachs and allergies; unless you take care to avoid “triggering” foods, your dog will have a miserable time with rashes, itchy skin, and an upset tummy.
Other common food related health conditions include hip dysplasia, bloating and obesity.
# Should I Give My Bully Vitamin Supplements?
Most commercial pet foods contain the optimal balance of essential vitamins and minerals: if you add more, you risk destroying the precise ratio of key nutrients.
Avoid risking your pet’s health and speak to your vet before adding extra supplements to your Bully’s diet.
The Best Dog Food Revealed
As we’ve seen, choosing the right food for your bully can be a daunting task.
However, keep ingredients to a minimum, avoid grains and as many known allergens as possible, and you’ll do just fine.
With that in mind, please give a round of applause to my choice of the day…Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Dry Dog Food – Sweet Potato & Fish Formula…
Yes, it contains potato (a minor irritant to some), however, this formula still manages to top the leader board with its high protein, easily digestible, allergen-friendly ingredients.
Why not give it a go and let me know how your Bully fares?
Other Puppy Food Related Topics
1. Best Dog Food For American Bully Puppy (Dry & Canned)
2. Best Dog Foods For Border Collies
3. Best Dog Foods For German Shepherds
4. Puppy Feeding Schedule: The Ultimate Guide
5. Best Dog Foods For Schnauzers
6. Best Dog Food For Great Dane Puppies
7. Best Foods For Large Breed Puppies & Adults
8. Best Tasting Dog Food Brands For Picky Eaters
9. Best Dog Food For Pomeranians
10. Best Dog Food Brands For American Bulldogs
11. How To Choose The Right Food For Your Dog? : 18 Super Tips