Getting a pup can be extremely exciting as well as chaotic. Looking for the best quality and standard breeder requires a lot of time and energy. There are a lot of options from which you can choose. But how do you know the quality and reviews of a certain breeder? You need to do a lot of research to get to a decision about that.
Do you live in Hawaii and are looking for a standard Rottweiler breeder? Fear not, I have done the research and made a primary list of the top 2 reputable breeders. I am willing to share it with you.
I have added interesting facts about the breeders that I have chosen. I have also added the weblinks and other information so that you can check if you feel interested. So go on, give it a read!
Find A Rottweiler Breeder Near Me In Hawaii State
#1 DBR Farms
The journey of DBR Farms started back in 1993 with some locally bred Rottweiler dogs in Hawaii.
The owner, Brenda Ryan, is a former police officer and currently working for a local Hospice as a Business Office Manager. She has worked with various clubs in Hawaii in various positions including, the Board of Directors, the Aloha State Rottweiler Club, the American Rottweiler Club, and the Obedience Training Club of Hawaii.
She is also a contributing writer for The Total Rottweiler Magazine. She is a Code of Ethics Breeder, AKC Recognized Breeder of Merit, Professional Dog Handler. She follows the American Kennel Club (AKC) standards for the parent dogs. She has made a full profile for each of the grownup dogs, she has now with details. She currently has seven male and four female dogs.
Some of these dogs may be available for stud service via private treaty with the interested applicants.
If you visit the site, you will be able to see the pups as well as the parent dogs of the DBR Farms. They have an entire gallery full of their babies’ photos and their achievements. To get a pup from her, you need to send a text using the form that she has uploaded to her website.
Rottweiler Puppy Breeder Details:
- Address: Makakilo, Hawaii USA
- Name of the owner: Brenda Ryan
- Website URL/ link: http://www.dbrfarm.com/
- Phone number: (808) 630-0978
#2 Der Korperkraft Von (DKV) Rottweilers
Next, I have for you, the Der Korperkraft Von (DKV) Rottweilers. It is a professional Rottweiler breeder that is offering German Rottweilers to you as the European bloodline is considered to be superior. They can be family companion dogs, show-prospect dogs, working K9 dogs, personal protection dogs, future service dogs, or emotional support pups.
The owner has been a breeder for over twenty-two years now. He ensures you of the puppies’ clear health, and explosive looks with a sound temperament. He is extremely selective in his breeding as well as his customers. He will not give you any puppy just by seeing it within a short amount of time. He will carefully know about you and your requirements, and then he will select the pups that might be right for you.
A lot of customers are very satisfied too with his matching method. If you want a pup from him you need to fill up a completed questionnaire and then the owner will come to you with the other information and pricing of the Rotties.
He is available to provide you with other services too including; professional Rott training, exclusive stud service, and vast knowledge about this breed. He will enlighten you with educational advice, secret remedies, medical recommendations, or helpful training tips if you need them. His nursery remains open every day from 10 AM to 8 PM.
You are invited to visit him with an appointment within this time.
Rottweiler Puppy Breeder Details:
- Address: Kahului, Hawaii
- Website URL/ link: https://www.dkvrottweilers.com/
- Phone number: 404-850-9992
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DKVRottweiler/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Read: AKC Certified Rottweiler Healthy Breeders From Mississippi State
What do I need to know about Rottweiler puppies?
Rottweilers were original “drovers,” meaning their job was to protect cattle and other livestock. They are smart, tireless, and eager to please.
They can be service dogs, therapy dogs, obedience competitors, guide dogs, customs inspectors, drafting and carting dogs as well as companions. There are some exclusive facts that you might know before getting a Rott pup for yourself.
- Rotties are a sensitive breed with a tough look: Therefore, they need time and attention. They can be prone to anxiety without proper care. They have the tendency to lean on people and act like a kid even when they have grown up.
- They are job seekers: This breed is not among the lazy types. They are playful and full of life. Even a little bit of work makes them happy. A puppy needs loads of physical stimulation. So set up a timetable to exercise with your pup and make it used to it.
- They are naturally protective: Rotties will protect their owners even if it costs their life. Also their strength is extraordinary. They are protective of their families, and if they are properly socialized and trained, their attitude toward strangers who don’t pose a threat is one of indifference.
- They can be a bit gassy: You do not have to worry if you see your Rott burp, drool, or a bit of gassy from the other breeds. It is common for them.
- Rott pups are supposed to be socialized from an early age: Within the puppy period your pup needs to be socialized. Otherwise, it will be clumsy and you have to face problems teaching manners. It would not know how to behave and interact. It may even develop a temper.
- They require plenty of nutritious food: Rots can grow big. The males typically are 24 to 27 inches tall at the shoulder and weigh 95 to 130 pounds, and females typically are 22 to 25 inches tall at the shoulder and weigh 85 to 115 pounds. This is something you have to consider in order to raise healthy pups.
Related Reading: AKC Registered Rottweiler Dog Breeders In Virginia State
How much does a purebred Rottweiler puppy cost hawaii?
Even though the Rottweiler is among one of America’s favorite breeds it is one of the most expensive breeds too.
In general, a Rottie puppy’s purchase price starts from $1500 and raises up to $3500 if you buy from an experienced breeder. But you may need to spend some extra money on training, insurance, and other health issues. And then there are only a few breeders in Hawaii.
Therefore you might need to spend some extra bucks for travel expenses or parent puppy shipping costs etc. You can get a cheaper one if you choose from a puppy mill or backyard breeder which you should avoid.
Why to avoid puppy mills and backyard breeders while choosing a Rottweiler puppy in Hawaii?
You can have a Rottie pup for $850 to $900 from a puppy mill or a backyard breeder. It is way cheaper than the experienced breeders’ price range. So why should you avoid them?
Well, the main reason for that is the breeders have their dog’s best interest in mind whereas the puppy mills and backyard breeders have the complete opposite mindset.
The breeders charge more money for their pups because they invest more money in them. They make sure not only the puppies but the parents have the best medical care. They give them good food as they prefer. They make sure each dog is “health certified”, as well as following and keeping up on their health testing.
During the pregnancy of their Rott, they spend money on ultrasounds and X-rays, as well as a cesarean delivery of the puppies, if necessary. Whereas, puppy mills and backyard breeders are extremely unethical. The people that own and work at them are only in it for the money they can make. The parent dogs don’t receive any amount of care or attention compared to the ethically bred ones.
As the Rotties need more attention, this lack can make them more aggressive as they grow up. They will also face socialization problems. In the long run, they will have health issues, both mental and physical.
Even though the purchase cost seems lower all these additional costs will make the average lifetime cost higher. If the breeders have more than two different breeds, they may be puppy mills or back-yard breeders and you should avoid them.
Related Reading: AKC Purebred Rottweiler Puppy Breeders Near Idaho Area
How do I find a good Rottweiler breeder In Hawaii?
Even though Rott is among the popular breeds around the US, it can be a bit tough to find a good breeder here in Hawaii. There are things that you will always need to look out for in a Rottweiler breeder. They are-
- A Rottweiler breeder who is an active member of a Breed Club such as the United States Rottweiler Club, the American Rottweiler Club, The Rottweiler Club of Canada, the Rottweiler Club of Great Britain or any of the other recognized national clubs, or organizations should produce excellent puppies.
- They always follow the rules and regulations of the clubs in their breeding practices strictly.
- They do not support genetic mutation.
- A breeder who has their dogs participate in conformation shows, sports or other similar activities is often a good choice.
- Reputable Rottweiler breeders only breed dogs who are 100% fit physically. Certain dog health issues such as hip and joint, eye, or heart problems can be genetic. They do not use a sick dog as a parent.
- They have cleanliness in their facility. They keep their baby and their environment clean.
- They provide each and every dog high quality food for producing healthy puppies.
- A good breeder has all the health certificates and does not hesitate to show them to the buyers.
- Their genuine mission is always the betterment of the breed not money or the number of puppies produced.
- And last but not least a good breeder always provide tons of love to them. The pups are like their own babies. You see the bonding by the interactions between the owner and herd.
Is it a good idea to get a Rottweiler Puppy From a rescue center in Hawaii (HI)? Why Not?
Rescue dogs are arguably the most in need of a home. But it is hard to adopt a dog from a rescue home. Also, rescue dogs come from more difficult backgrounds. They often require specific living requirements and special care of the owner.
Your environment can greatly affect a pup. Sometimes they can be violent to the members of your family because of mental trauma. They do not have any health insurance. You might not know if your dog is purebred or mixed. And for a first-time owner, a rescue pup can be a nightmare.
But, if you cannot find the perfect Rottweiler puppy in your state, you can try checking at your local animal shelter or rescue organization. Many Rottweilers, young to old do need a loving home, and adopting one can be a great way to save. But you need to be careful and observant to choose.
What is the most popular Rottweiler color in Hawaii?
Most of the Rottweiler puppies are of a combination of colors. It can be a combination of black with markings ranging from rust to mahogany. Again, there are some rare colored pups too, like, all black, blue, or red.
The American Kennel Club (AKC) has some breed standard colors so that you can distinguish between a poor breed and a standard breed one. There are just three official colors according to them, they are; black and mahogany, black and light to dark tan, and black and rust.
The black is the base color and the others are the markings. Markings should be found on the eyebrows, cheeks, throat and chest, legs, and tail. In Hawaii, black and light to dark tan are the most popular.
Related Reading: AKC Recognized Rottweiler High-Quality Breeders Near Nebraska Zone
Are blue Rottweilers rare in Hawaii (HI)?
A dog can become blue when he has the dilution gene. The gene codes responsible for the black pigment also known as melanin on the dog’s coat experiences a mutation. As a result, improper distribution of the color cells causes a dilution in the color of the coat.
On a general black coat, a diluted coat will look like a gray-ish blue. But blue isn’t a great color in Rottweilers because many health issues may come with it. This condition refers to a genetic cause of alopecia and poor hair quality on the coat.
The coat will be patchy and their skin may be dry with different colors in the affected parts of the coat. Eventually, there will be a lot of sheds. But the good thing is for this kind of mutation requires two copies of the blue coast gene.
The experienced breeders do not support this mutation for the health issues and therefore it is rare to find a blue Rottweiler from the experienced breeders.
Over To You
Hopefully, this article will help you to find a Rottie breeder in Hawaii (HI) State. Comment your feedback down below.
Do you know any other breeder available in this state that you might want to share with us? Why don’t you tell us about your experience in puppy finding? We will be happy to read.